Monday, February 16, 2009

stress relief and anger management


I was rather angry tonight, and still am kind of miffed. chalk one up to being a teenager still.
I have found however that drawing is a great way to relieve those feelings in a constructive manner. quite literally constructive, I noticed this session (which lasted about 30 minutes) that each drawing I did not only became less morbid, and violent, but was also an improvement technique wise (I think so anyway) from the previous drawing.

unfortunately, I delete these images and just re-use the same canvas in GIMP, because I'm lazy. but I did save the last one.

I still have the images from two draw nights to scan, and come tomorrow night it will be three. keep checking back and I'll try and put up some new art.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you found a way to relieve some stress...are you allowed to draw just any old drawing on your mission? I'm really ignorant when it comes to what is and what isn't allowable. Are you going to be able to post your stuff?

Ryan said...

it varies depending on the mission president. I'm sure I'll be able to draw whatever I want since I don't draw inappropriate things, but I am fairly sure I won't be able to post them on my blog. maybe I could get my brother to scan them and put them in. who knows?